Water treatment method in U / V
Benefits of UV water treatment
1. Sterilization is possible immediately compared to other water treatments.
2. It is stable from other ozone or chemical water treatment to out of control.
3. Lower total cost than other ozone or chemical water treatment.
The difficulty of UV water treatment
1. It is highly influenced by turbidity material.
2. After a long time, the effect of the lamp drops.
Solution of UV water treatment
1. Removal of solids and removal of suspended solids should be avoided (due to the effect of turbidity material) (skimmer and filter required).
2. You should not use it too long with steady management and maintenance.
※ In case of U / V seawater treatment, please contact us.
How to treat seawater with ozone
Seawater treatment using ozone
1) Virus inactivation and pathogen control (UV → ozone treatment change direction)
2) Continuous stabilization of influent water quality (turbidity improvement, decomposition of organic matter, improvement of D.O.)
3) Reducing the mortality rate of farms (including water-based farms)
4) The improvement of water quality can actively reduce the net exchange rate.
5) Prevent spread of fish diseases in nearby farms due to suppression of disease source emissions
6) Unlike the electrolysis method, it keeps its effect even when high turbidity is introduced.
7) The control of ozone injection amount is very simple and easy compared with sodium hypochlorite by electrolysis. (Especially in case of turbidity in summer)
8) The durability of the ozone generator is high (more than 12 years of use)
9) It can be directly applied to the inflow pipe of existing site.
10) With the development of technology, the usage of the device is simple and anyone (non-expert) can drive it.
•Since ozone is applied to seawater in the sea water because of the presence of bromine ion (Br-) at about 67ppm, unlike general freshwater aquaculture, it requires high technology and experience for safety.
•It reacts with bromine ions in ozone and seawater to produce HOBr or OBr -, so foreign matter can be defined as TRO.
•The produced TRO (HOBr / OBr -) oxidizes organic matter and acts as a fungicide.
•Depending on the concentration of the TRO in the water tank, it may have a deleterious effect on the fish or may further produce carcinogens.
•The algorithm for controlling the TRO should be based on sufficient actual operating values and experience and can be safely applied to fish only if sufficient technical skills are secured (TRO application is a global trend).
- O3 + Br + H →HOBr + O2 -----------------------Rx 1
- 3HOBr + 2NH3 →N2 + 3Br + 3H +3H2O--------Rx 2
- HOBr + NH3 →NH2Br + H2O --------------------Rx 3
- HOBr + NH2Br →NHBr2 + H2O --------------------Rx 4
- HOBr + NHBr2 →NBr3 + H2O ----------------------Rx 5
- 2H2O + NHBr2+NBr3 →N2+3Br +3H +2HOBr-----------Rx 6
Ozone can be safely used if it has good maintenance and automatic control!
Name of sample
Original water (control)
Emitted water (control)
Number of bacteria
90 ~ 98% reduction
Emitted water (treated water)
80% less common bacteria
No tree caterpillars
Date of analysis : 2015. 06. 09~
Analytical agency : Jeju Island Marine Fisheries Research Institute,
National Fisheries Research and Development Institute
How to treat seawater by electrolysis
※Electrolysis of organic matter
Electrolysis of the organic material is oxidized in the anode, but indirect oxidation by intermediate products such as hypochlorous acid produced by direct oxidation which oxidizes the organic matter and electrolysis of chlorine by adsorption of hydroxide ion by electrolysis of water on the electrode surface Can be distinguished.
① Direct oxidation
The organic material (R) reacts with hydroxide ions adsorbed on the oxidizing anode and decomposes into carbon dioxide, water or hydrogen ions.
R+MOх[OH‾]₂→CO₂+zH⁺+ze⁻+MOх (MOх : anode)
② Indirect oxidation
The electrochemical reaction of organic materials removed by indirect oxidation occurs simultaneously with the anodic oxidation of chlorine during electrolysis, and hypochlorous acid is formed on the electrode surface.
Organic substances in the water are reduced by hydrogen generated from the cathode, and oxidized pigments are easily reduced and become colorless.
※Example of electrolysis reaction
① Electrolysis of water
Anode : H₂O+H₂O→H₃O⁺+OH⁻+e
Cathode : 2H₂O+e→OH⁻+H₂O+H⁺
Total Reaction : H₂O→H⁺+OH⁻
② Electrolysis of chlorine
Anode : 2Cl⁻→Cl₂(dissolved)+2e⁻
Cathode : 2H₂O+2e⁻→2OH⁻+H₂
Between the electrodes : Cl₂+H₂O→HOCl+Cl⁻+H⁺
→ HOCl, OCl⁻has strong sterilization effect.
Sodium Hypochlorite Formation Scheme
NaCl + H₂O + 2e
(sodium chloride) (water) (electron)
NaOCl + H₂
(Sodium hypochlorite) (Hydrogen)
Disinfection reaction scheme
NaOCl + H₂O
(Sodium hypochlorite) (Treated water)
HOCl + Na + OH
(hypochlorous acid) (Natrium ion) (Hydroxide ion)
※ Please call us for quotation.
Water treatment is necessary depending on the situation.